Azure VM Management Connector
Create and manage Azure virtual machine resources in Ivanti Automation
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform that provides users the ability to build, deploy and manage virtual machines, applications and services through a global network of datacenters. Azure offers the users numerous options in creating virtual machines and services. Predefined templates for virtual machines and other cloud services allow for quick deployment of resources. By combining the power of Ivanti Automation with Microsoft Azure, the whole organization will benefit.
- Quickly scale up or down computing resources based on end-user needs.
- Utilize RES ONE Identity Director to provision computer resources to users for a specific number of days, weeks, etc.
- Automatically cancel devices based on user role change or off-boarding.
- Ability to request computer resources on demand from IT defined parameters.
- Reduce user wait time for provisioning computing resources.
- Empower service desk users to remediate user requests for new resources.
- Leverage IaaS solutions for constantly changing computing resource requirements and reducing up front server purchase and ongoing maintenance. For example, provision several devices to allow application engineers to test new application deployment prior to deployment to end-users, and cancel those devices proactively when no longer required.
Use Case 1: End-user request for Azure virtual machines via Ivanti Identity Director Portal The IT administrator can build services accessible to the end-user via the Ivanti Identity Director Portal, that allow the user to request new Azure virtual machines. Administrators can control which providers and offerings to expose to end-users, by configuring services based on the users’ role and identity within the Ivanti Identity Director. This gives the administrator control over the resources provisioned, while still allowing the flexibility of self service to the end-user.
Use Case 2: Automated / Self-Service power management and cancellation of Azure compute resources Administrators have the ability to set mandatory or voluntary policies around the provisioned Azure resources based on the user’s identity. These may focus on reducing costs of deployed resources by managing power state during off hours. Ivanti Identity Director allows Azure resources to be powered down and deallocated during off hours to reduce costs, with optional overrides from end users. Ivanti Identity Director workflows can set triggers to cancel resources based on time, role changes or user request (self-service) further reducing costs for unneeded resources.
Use Case 3: Automated delivery return of Azure virtual machines during Employee Onboarding / Offboarding As part of a new employee onboarding process, administrators can automatically deliver IT-defined Azure compute resources to the user. These are tracked via the Ivanti Identity Director and can be automatically returned due to a user role change or offboarding.
Please Note: To use these solutions, first download and install the unpackager tool from here. Once you’ve found a solution you’re interested in, just download it and use the unpacking tool to open up the solution and use it.