Nutanix Protection Domains Connector
Create and manage Nutanix virtual machine resources in Ivanti Automation
Nutanix solutions natively converge server and storage resources into a single, 100% software-defined appliance that comes ready to run all enterprise applications, at any scale. Built on a distributed web-scale architecture, a single Nutanix hyper converged appliance can simultaneous run different workloads, including enterprise databases and applications, VDI, and big data workloads. By combining the power of Ivanti Identity Director with the Nutanix solution, the entire organization will benefit.
- Quickly scale up or down computing resources based on end user needs.
- Utilize RES Identity Director subscription engine to provision computer resources to users for specific number of days, weeks, etc.
- Automatically cancel devices based on user role change or off-boarding.
- Ability to request computer resources on demand from IT defined parameters.
- Reduce user wait time for provisioning computing resources.
- Empower service desk users to remediate user requests for new resources or re-provision devices due to increased resource requirements. For example, increase device CPU or RAM.
- Leverage hyper-converge solution for constantly changing computing resource requirements utilizing powerful workflow and policy control to manage resource allocation. For example, provision several devices to allow application engineers to test new application deployment prior to deployment to end users and cancel those devices proactively when no longer required.
Use Case 1:
- End-User management of Nutanix Protection Domains for backup and recovery
- Allow end users to define new Protection Domains and backup schedules while still maintaining control and security over your Nutanix infrastructure. Administrators now can allow users to create protection domains and add their virtual machine resources. Based on Ivanti Identity Director workflows and qualifications, the administrator can provide a range of access to the end-user.
Use Case 2:
- Automatically create Protection Domains and backup schedules for new employees
- An employee who has the rights to create new Nutanix virtual machines could be provisioned a Protection Domain automatically as part of the on-boarding process. Any virtual machines they create using the Ivanti Identity Director could be automatically added to their default Protection Domain as part of the service work-flow. This removes any manual steps and ensures virtual resources are properly backed up.
Please Note: To use these solutions, first download and install the unpackager tool from here and use it to open the solution.