SoftLayer VM Management Connector
Create and manage SoftLayer Virtual servers with Ivanti Automation.
SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. IBM SoftLayer delivers on demand virtual servers on a subscription basis. Devices can be delivered on hourly or monthly basis and reconfigured to meet the users changing requirements. By combining the power of Ivanti Identity Director with IBM SoftLayer the whole organization will benefit.
- Quickly scale up or down computing resources based on end user needs.
- Utilize Ivanti Identity Director subscription engine to provision computer resources to users for specific number of days, weeks, etc.
- Automatically cancel devices based on user role change or off-boarding.
- Ability to request computer resources on demand from IT defined parameters.
- Reduce user wait time for provisioning computing resources.
- Empower service desk users to remediate user requests for new resources or re-provision devices due to increased resource requirements. For example, increase device CPU or RAM.
- Leverage IaaS solutions for constantly changing computing resource requirements and reducing up front server purchase and ongoing maintenance. For example, provision several devices to allow application engineers to test new application deployment prior to deployment to end users and cancel those devices proactively when no longer required.
Use Case 1: End-User Request for oftLayer Devices via Identity Director Web Portal The IT administrator can build services accessible to the end user via the Ivant iIdentity Director web portal that allow the user to request new IBM SoftLayer devices on either an hourly or monthly basis. Optional automatic return of devices is possible to ensure costs are minimized. Depending on the organization policy the user may have the ability to select the device configuration and operating system.
Use Case 2: End-User Modification and Canceling of a Device Provide the user with the ability to adjust the IBM SoftLayer provisioned device’s resources to meet their computing requirements. When no longer required the user can proactively cancel the device.
Use Case 3: Automated Delivery of SoftLayer Device During Employee Onboarding As part of a new employee onboarding process, administrators can automatically deliver IT-defined IBM SoftLayer devices to the user. These are tracked via the Ivanti Identity Director subscription engine and can be automatically returned due to a user role change or off boarding.
RES ONE Automation Global Variables
- SoftLayer API Key Instance
- Softlayer Administrator
- A valid IBM SoftLayer account with appropriate rights to order virtual servers API Authentication key.
Please Note: To use these solutions, first download and install the unpackager tool from here. Once you’ve found a solution you’re interested in, just download it and use the unpacking tool to open up the solution and use it.